Tuesday, July 5, 2016

My first post and a dedication

I'm very excited to start my journey of archiving great ideas,articles,relevant research as it relates to developing my students as language acquirers and the best, whole person they desire to be! This is only my second year teaching Spanish, but I'm constantly striving to incorporate the practices that substantial research supports. Popular tags you can expect to see from me include the following: Reading, TPRS, Comprehensible Input, ACTFL, Target Language, Educational Neuroscience, Cognitive Psychology, IPAs, Proficiency, Intercultural Competence, Service Learning, PBL, SBG, Travel, Community, Technology, and Metacognition. This year I'm looking forward to incorporating better reading practices and effectively utilizing Web 2.0 to allow my students to connect, investigate, and grow with authenticity. I'm also hoping to find some closure with assessments (more on that to come) while striking a perfect balance with boosting students' morale with a new language and lowering their affective filters despite teaching in the target language. I'd like to graciously dedicate this blog to two influential educators in my life-- Jen "HT" and Jill Woerner. I don't know where I'd be without your guidance, selflessness, and expertise. Finally, I'd not be anywhere in life without my little ray of sunshine toddler! She marches to the beat of her own drum & I'm a proud momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment